The Pentagon's New Map

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Mar 11 08:26:58 PST 2003

hmmm. Barnett explains why we're going to war, why we'll keep going to war, and why that's good. As if we didn't know already!

Warning: Redbaiting ahead! http://www.nwc.navy.mil/newrulesets/ThePentagonsNewMap.htm

THE PENTAGON'S NEW MAP BY THOMAS P.M. BARNETT, U.S. NAVAL WAR COLLEGE Esquire, March 2003 issue

Since the end of the cold war, the United States has been trying to come up with an operating theory of the worldand a military strategy to accompany it. Now theres a leading contender. It involves identifying the problem parts of the world and aggressively shrinking them. Since September 11, 2001, the author, a professor of warfare analysis, has been advising the Office of the Secretary of Defense and giving this briefing continually at the Pentagon and in the intelligence community. Now he gives it to you.