The US has lost the war

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:25:15 PST 2003

>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>This nation, the US, is now the wrongest it has ever been.
>
>Wronger than when we killed 3 million Indochinese?
>
>Doug

Wronger. There's that whole element of in-your-face preemptive war that was missing before. At least there was a fig leaf of defensiveness during Vietnam -- the supposed attack on the USSs Maddox and C. Turner Joy -- but this time nada. We're going to "shock and awe" the bejezus out of the Iraqis because ... well, we're just "special," as Condi says. If we want to throw an outright temper tantrum, too damn bad for anyone in the way.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus