The North Korean "Threat"

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Tue Mar 11 15:12:13 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ulhas Joglekar" <uvj at vsnl.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 7:55 AM Subject: Re: The North Korean "Threat"

> Ian Murray wrote:
>
> >>Ulhas
> > > Japan and South Korea could build a nuclear arsenal. Why not Saudi
> > Arabia as
> > > a NWS? Brazil could change its policies.
>
> > Well Antarctica will definitely need nukes, then; if only to protect
> > itself from all the countries that will try to export their nuclear
waste
> > there. :-)
>
> Can we not dump nuclear waste in the outer space? :)
>
> Ulhas

Outer space - including the algorithms of celestial mechanics - is owned by the USA and administered by the Pentagon as part of it's program of full spectrum dominance, so exporting/dumping the waste there would require filling out all the necessary paperwork before launching of any waste into US territory. In terms of time, the transactions costs associated with the paperwork are as long as the half-life of the waste itself. So while the USA may be losing it's first mover monopoly rents on the quantum world, astronomical space is all ours.

:-)

Ian