Another Nobel Peace person for war

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Wed Mar 12 11:55:52 PST 2003

Ah the old: "Not another Hitler!" argument for intervention...

Peace Isn't Possible in Evil's Face

Rational people must intervene against the likes of Hussein.

By Elie Wiesel, Elie Wiesel, the Nobel Peace laureate, is a Holocaust survivor and author of 40 books.

Under normal circumstances, I might have joined those peace marchers who, here and abroad, staged public demonstrations against an invasion of Iraq. After all, I have seen enough of the brutality, the ugliness, of war to oppose it heart and soul. Isn't war forever cruel, the ultimate form of violence? It inevitably generates not only loss of innocence but endless sorrow and mourning. How could one not reject it as an option? Full: http://tinyurl.com/7con --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]