Pentagon will kill Indy Media voices in Iraq?

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Wed Mar 12 13:54:21 PST 2003

That is indeed the Pentagon's position, however. They aired it on a PBS talking heads broadcast weeks ago that had some generals and some reporters talking about freedom-of-press-on-the-battlefield issues. I happened to have it turned on, and the general was saying something like "Well, if a reporter is sending out information which interferes with the mission, we'll have to take action so that it's not a problem." (Nervous laughter from the audience)

There was one Irish woman journalist who was interesting and independent- minded, and three US journalists who were slavish.

LP