Russia's Finance Minister seeks to ease concerns about the U SD's fall

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Mar 12 22:38:32 PST 2003

Sorry if I am duplicating this story, as it is a day old. Are Russian's about to exit the USD in mass? ---

I doubt it. The middle class is paid in dollars.

However -- there is a currency exchange booth on practically every corner in Moscow. I have noticed an increasing number of people trading in euros.

PS. Oligarch Vladimir Potanin just bought %35 of the Moscow Times.

---

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2003/03/11/041.html

The Moscow Times Kudrin Urges Russians to Keep Dollars

Combined Reports Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin urged citizens not to worry about the recent decline of the U.S. dollar, telling them in a televised interview Sunday that it is not necessary to shift their savings out of the American currency because it will not fall dramatically.