Code Red? Re: Code Pink

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 13 00:25:41 PST 2003

At 6:10 PM -0500 3/11/03, JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:
> >What I really like is the idea of women of all nations seizing the
>>US treasury and other financial centers of capitalism, as women of
>>Greek city states in the play take over the Athenian treasury.
>
>As for raiding the treasury, Bush and predecessors already did that,
>though we are still the proud owners of the national debt. Perhaps
>in the update the women could seize the treasury and find it empty
>but for an IOU to Citibank and a bill from Lockheed floating around
>the vacant vault.

Will respond to your thoughtful remarks on feminist politics later, but on the topic of fiscal politics within the bounds of capitalism and mainstream economics....

Paul Krugman on "A Fiscal Train Wreck," <http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/11/opinion/11KRUG.html>,

vs.

Max Sawicky on "Deficit Delirium," <http://maxspeak.org/gm/archives/00000985.html>. -- Yoshie