My French Anti-War Recipe (Rouler une pelle)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 07:50:39 PST 2003

>From: R <rhisiart at earthlink.net>
>
>At 04:54 AM 3/13/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>>>From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

>>>How about Americans -- led by Carl Remick, naturally -- organizing a
>>>campaign to return the Statue of Liberty to France, on the ground that
>>>the nation has failed to deserve the gift?
>>>--
>>>Yoshie
>>
>>First I would like France to take back the Louisiana Purchase, which, as
>>one source notes, not only doubled the size of the US in 1803 but also
>>"put the United States in a position to become a world power." The
>>beginning of all our woes!
>>
>>Carl
>
>good idea, Carl. where do i join up? it's time to teach those frogs a
>lesson.
>
>(can we keep New Orleans jazz?)

Absolutely. We get to keep New Orleans jazz or no deal! I'm listening right now to Sidney Bechet, New Orleans' greatest musician ever, and no way I'm going to give him up. (Of course, the fact that Bechet himself had to flee from the US to France to keep his career going somewhat complicates this deal.)

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail