pop stars for appeasement

westrich at miser.umass.edu westrich at miser.umass.edu
Thu Mar 13 08:52:09 PST 2003

I just saw the new BritPop in the 90's movie "Live Forever". I do not recommend it generally as the movie was essentially an extended interview with Oasis' Gallaghers and Blur's Albarn (Pulp's Jarvis Crocker and Massive Attack's 3D are the most interesting but get little screen time). The bring in other music only to fill up the soundtrack and NEVER even discuss them.

Anyway, I do recommend the movie if you want to see the Gallagher's fight/trash each other and Blur. The Gallagher's already well-known volatility and lack of edit buttons make several scenes very (unintentionally) funny.

The only really interesting political bit was getting the inside on Blair's famous invite to Noel Gallagher for tea (apparently he invited several pop stars and Noel was the only famous one to accept).

Jim