reporters as cheerleaders

Alan Jacobson alanjacobson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 12:56:04 PST 2003

> At a less public level, the troops have stepped up
> their psychological operations inside Iraq against
Iraqi forces. By e-mail, fax, _cell phone_ and leaflets, Iraqi commanders are being told exactly how they should indicate surrender and lay down their arms, according to a U.S. officer.

bzrrrr

Iraqi Major: Hello?

Somewhere in Qatar: This is the United States Army. Listen up, you're going to surrender and were're going to tell you how we want you to do it...

Iraqi Major: Not you again! Stop using up my fucking minutes! I knew I should have got Caller ID.