a new blacklist

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 13:41:01 PST 2003

--- joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at sun.com> wrote:

> These things take time. We're looking at the thin
> end of the wedge here.
> Just because people aren't going to jail or having
> their contracts
> cancelled now, doesn't mean that it won't happen
> down the road.

I am not saying that there wont be imprisonments but why would they need to resort to that on a mass scale? They have very effective control mechanisms in place (the media, censorship -of the type mentioned regarding the Oscars, etc). They dont need to put bodies in prisons when they can control the mind. I agree with Joanna, or whoever it was that said it was McCarthyism..it is McCarthyism but a virtual McCarthyism. Or perhaps we should dispose of the term McCarthyism altogether, along with the images of Brown Shirts and Swastikas. That's not what's going on here. The present situation is much more insidious but not any less grave than that of McCarthyism.

Thomas

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"