M15: Resistance in the streets of San Francisco

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 15 19:27:38 PST 2003

Heh, William Randolph Hearst we hardly knew you...>4:35pm:. At least 50 people have been arrested in front of the hurst building on Kearny and Market. <URL: http://www.indybay.org/ > M15: Resistance in the streets of San Francisco Enemy Combatant Radio| Live Webcams 5:53pm:A sargeant told a legal observer that 157 people have been arrested total, thus far. He also said that the plan is to cite and release them. People are headed towards 850 Bryant for jail solidarity. 5:53pm:The last of the protestors were just arrested and are being taken to 850 Bryant Street between 7th and 6th. Jail solidarity requested. 5:45pm: Legal phone numbers: National Lawyers Guild 285-1011. 850 Bryant Street 415-575-4418. Call the "Hall of Justice" and ask them what has happned to the folks that were arrested! Ask them under what charges the arrestees were detained.. 5:30pm:. People are still surrounded on 3rd street near Stevenson, outside zane's liquors. 5:25pm:A busload of people have been arrested at Kearny and Market. The standoff continues. 5:10pm:Nine mounted police have left union square toward 3rd and market. 4:52pm:More people being arrested at Kearny street, which is blocked off. 4:44pm:1000 people and 100 cops at 3rd and Market in a standoff. 4:35pm:. At least 50 people have been arrested in front of the hurst building on Kearny and Market. 4:30pm:People trapped in standoff in front of old navy on market and fourth. 4:14pm:Police have blocked off 4th between mission and market. Everyone escaped. Smoke bombs going off. 2 people taken away at 3rd street between market and mission. People now surrounded on the sidewalk between mission and market on Stevenson. 3:47pm:A car came out of a parking structure near ninth and mission and rammed several protestors. He may have panicked or it may have been intentional, people very tense. 3:20pm:About 15 people who were sitting in the intersection are being arrested at mission and 8th. 3:15pm:. People are escaping up ninth street, headed towards market. People were throwing things at police. Police brought in off road motorcycles as well as regular. 3:08pm:People on the sidewalk are being arrested for"unlawful assembly". 3:06pm:People are sitting in intersection of mission and ninth. 3:01pm:Order to disperse has been given. March is continuing down mission. Police attempting to box in march on mission and fifth. 2:57pm:Breakaway march two blocks long passing ninth and mission. Mixture of black block, pink block, and spontaneous unmasked marchers. 2:47pm:Breakaway

march passing city hall. Very heavy police presence in front, motorcycles in rear. 2:40pm:Breakaway march has started. 1:35pm:As during previous demonstrations, the end of the march hasn't started moving yet. 11:45am: Despite a massive public relations campaign, Civic Center Plaza in downtown San Francisco is rapidly filling with voices of dissent. Watch this space for news from the streets.

-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to

each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that

we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted

at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy