Three Arrests at Buffalo Anti-War Rally

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Sat Mar 15 21:29:51 PST 2003

Unfortunately I missed Saturday's activities here in Buffalo, so I can't give a first person account of what happened, but here is a short article from our local news station:

THREE ARRESTS IN LOCAL ANTI-WAR PROTEST

Three people have been charged Saturday with disorderly conduct after a clash with police during an anti-war protest that began at Bidwell and Elmwood.

Protesters began to march from that location to Gates Circle, but police say they didn't obtain the proper permit. The trouble began when protesters who were blocking traffic refused to move.

Police say that if protesters had obtained the proper permit, the clash never would have happened. --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]