Fwd: Carnival Bloc on the Day of the War

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Mar 16 10:37:27 PST 2003

All Out With The Carnival Bloc!

Despite our best efforts and the world's disapproval it looks like our Idiot Boy King might get the war he wants. We need to show the world that we're not with him.

A few months ago No Blood For Oil initiated a call to meet in Times Square at 5pm the day the attack on Iraq begins. United For Peace and Justice has taken up that call and suggested that groups meet outside of Times Square and walk in together. SoŠ

Reclaim the Streets/New York City is putting out a call to all misfits, freaks, performers, artists, musicians and kindred creative types to meet up at 4:30pm at Columbus Circle the day the war starts. From there we will walk down to Times Square together.

Come join us!

WHAT: Carnival Bloc to Times Square WHEN: 4:30pm the day the war starts (or the next day if it begins at night) WHERE: Columbus Circle, corner of Central Park, Broadway and 59th Street

See you in the streets....