NYT: Anger on Iraq Seen as New Qaeda Recruiting Tool

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Mar 16 14:02:55 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>
> >That's why we must invade Iraq to further the war against terrorism,
> >because otherwise we won't have more terrorists agisnt whom to
> >fight, right? jks
>
> Yeah, what about the Saudi & German intelligence dudes at Davos that
> Laurie Garrett quoted as saying there are only 200 AQ members left?

I never remember this accurately, but wasn't a Russian Grand Duke assassinated by a group of Anarchists almost all of whom were in fact underground Czarist secret police?

And does the expansion of the Homeland Defense Force or whatever they call it mean that an increasing number of inadequately vetted cops will be recruited? Et cetera. There are all kinds of Blowback.

Carrol