A Duty to Disobey All Unlawful Orders

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Mar 17 17:40:13 PST 2003

Incidentally, the difficulty is not informing troops that they have a duty to disobey. It is telling the woman next to you at the anti-war demonstration that her son is a war criminal!

One can make some preliminary distinctions. The commissioned officers on B-52s are either war criminals already or would-be war criminals. The plane has no other function than the mass murder of civilians. (I suppose the B-1 is the same, but I don't know much about it.)

I suppose most subscribers to this list are familiar with Joan Smith's _Misogonies_ and the poetry by U.S. Air Force personnel stationed in England which she included in that work.

Carrol