Support our Trioops

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:00:43 PST 2003

So no one saw that this article was being scathingly critical of the motto "support our troops"?

>I will reply that I support our troops not having to kill people in Iraq.

>I support our troops not being ordered to assault defenseless populations, towns, farms, and the infrastructural sinews of life that sustain a whole country's citizenry

The phrasing throughout is mostly "support our troops NOT doing X". A shorter version would be "OPPOSE our troops doing X". Albert went dialectical on your asses. I thought a bunch of Marxists would notice that.

OK, thats all I have time for today. I know one guy who got out of the military by the second hardcest path in the last few momths. He tried most sincererly to kill himself - severe depression. (Succeeding would have been the hardest path.) Incidentally he is uninsured, and unable to get anti-depressants.