terror alert level "red" = martial law

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Tue Mar 18 18:42:55 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:59:17 -0800 (PST)

"Brian O. Sheppard" <bsheppard at bari.iww.org> wrote:

> This article suggests martial law if the current Orange
> level should bump
> up to red. "You literally are staying at home, is wha
> happens, unless you
> are required to be out," Sid Capserson, director of New
> Jersey office of
> counter-terrorism, says in the piece.
>
> "Red alert? Stay home, await word."
> http://www.southjerseynews.com/issues/march/m031603e.htm

I was just thinking the other day when they raised the alert level to "O" that if they ever did lower the threat level to the blues, that we'd be under martial law--because only when our civil rights are taken away will we not be under threat from terrorists.

Can anyone imagine a situation where the terror alert would go "low"??? I'd be more afraid of that alert status then the reddest of reds

--- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]