"Saddam's apparatus of terror" will shatter "the whole world

Reed Tryte reed_tryte at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 06:59:49 PST 2003

Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

>decade after decade of the same lies
>endlessly repeated about the anti-war movement
>of the '60s wears one down. It seems that even
>large numbers of leftists today take their
>image of the anti-war struggle of the '60s from
>Time, Spiro Agnew & Bob Greene.

I'm sorry to admit that I believed the spitting-on-the-veterans stories until recently. It's an extremely widespread myth.

>This popular image
>of the '60s is _exactly_ the same sort of bullshit
>that I understand is already being spread about
>Rachel Corrie.

The venomous hatred toward Corrie and the vicious jokes being told about her are sobering and extremely unsettling.

And speaking of myths, I once also believed that it was mostly American Indians who scalped white settlers, rather than the other way around. So if history follows its normal course, I assume in 150 years Israelis will believe that people came from other countries to try to defend the helpless settlers from the heavily-armed Palestinians... who then ran these brave individuals over with Caterpillar bulldozers.