more idiocy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 20 08:25:58 PST 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - March 20, 2003

Natural beef

THE anti-weasel movement marches on. The famed Tavern on the Green is "de-Frenchizing" its entire spring menu, and the "roast prime rib of beef au jus" will now be known as "roast prime rib of beef with natural juice," according to its spokeswoman. Also banished are the ubiquitous "confit" and "coulis." "Our biggest challenge is figuring out what to call the filet mignon," general manager Allan Kurtz admitted to The Post's Braden Keil. "And we're probably going to have to discontinue serving the bernaise sauce."