Daily Show Q

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Mar 21 07:13:35 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 at 9:32am Doug Henwood wrote:

> budge wrote:
>
> >Last night in an effort to get the true scoop on the war I
> >tuned into the Daily Show. Jon Stewart ran a clip of a New
> >Year's eve style celebration (balloons, confetti, etc)
> >presided over by Shepard Smith on FOX as the 48 hr deadline
> >expired. Was that for real? Did Fair and Balanced FOX
> >really do that or was Jon just making that up?
>
> I didn't watch last night, but as a frequent Daily Show
> viewer, I've found that the clips are real. I can't think
> of an exception, and I just asked Liza, and she can't
> either.

Well that's what I thought too, but I was so shocked that they actually would have done that that I had to do a reality check. It gets very hard to keep up when real life imitates a comedy show...

So much for the oft repeated, but never believed by myself, canard how "nobody wants to go to war, but sometimes you have to". These bloodthirsty motherfuckers really dig it.

> Hey, if the president can pump his fist and say "Feels
> good," why can't his publicists have a little fun too?

I can't help but wonder if this a rejoinder to Pappy's saying he didn't have that "good feeling" at the end of his gulf war that he had at the end of WWII. (I just saw the clip where he said that at a press conference on Frontline's Iraq retrospective they ran last night.)

-- no Onan