Protesters Carjacking?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Mar 21 08:53:29 PST 2003

Did protesters really attack people in their cars? Were they armed? Max Sawicky

No. As far as I can tell from local news there was one incident where a motorist got out of his car in a blocked intersection and went around taking random swings at protestors, one or two taking a swing back. The guy got back in his car and roared off.

It looked like the slightly more active type protest around here with random intersection blocks in downtown SF in a cat and mouse game with the cops. Probably some graffiti, probably a few broken windows, althrough there as no news video of it that I saw. Mostly traffic snarls with a lot of motorists exasperated but basically tolerant.

Chuck Grimes