lbo-talk-digest V1 #7600

Quenby Alclaire flagrant_sake at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 11:21:21 PST 2003

>This is usually my tripping point when arguing an anti war
position....The
>pro war folks say that it was only because of the threat of force that
Iraq
>was into disarmament....What's a good counter to that?

just means it wasn't much of a threat in the first place. just ask hypothetically if the same alleged "strategy" were applied to a credible threat, say N Korea. would N. Korea go out of it's way to 'disarm'? would anyone with a credible deterent facing potential invasion give that up strategically? that line of thought only demonstrates what a 'soft target' Iraq is.

~M.E.