Support the Troops reduxe...

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Sat Mar 22 22:08:16 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

Oh, I get it; he negates the idea of negative hopes, a nice dialectical maneuver btw, and you want to use that to assert that some of us are engaged in naive optimism in order to demonstrate......what, exactly? Cynicism and Imagination ain't *the same*.................We can't know what's best, we can only do the best we can from where-when we are now. How many more clichés do you want Ecclesiastes-Thrasymachus?

Ian