US in violation of Geneva convention

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Sun Mar 23 16:51:50 PST 2003

I drove home to a stupid report on NPR regarding Iraq being 'in violation' of the Geneva convention because they showed American POWs on TV. When asked how this is different from American's showing Iraqi POWs on TV, the guy responded that it's different because it's members of the US media who are showing it, and not the US Mil.

Even if we stretch our imaginations enough to say that the US Gov isn't using the media for it's own gain, didn't we see satelite pictures on TV of Iraqi POWs , *PUT OUT BY THE US MIL???*

I did take a look at the offcial military news on the web and I couldn't find any pics of Iraqi POWs, but even so... --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]