More on Moore

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:56:08 PST 2003

Michael Moore booed as he slams Iraq war at Oscars

HOLLYWOOD (AFP) - Famed US documentary maker Michael Moore used his win of an Oscar to launch a violent attack on US President George W. Bush and war in Iraq amid loud boos [!] from the audience.

"We live in fictitious times," he said when picking up the award for best documentary for his anti-gun film "Bowling for Columbine."

"We live in a time with fictious election results that elect fictitious presidents. We live in a time when we have a man sending us to war for fictious reasons.

"We are against this war Mr Bush. Shame on you. Shame on you!," he said in front of a loudly booing [!!] audience of 3,500 people including most of Hollywood's top stars.

<http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20030324/en_afp/oscar_war_iraq_moore_1>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus