More on Moore

Nomiprins at aol.com Nomiprins at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 07:09:02 PST 2003

"The majority of Americans do not want to see our young boys killed, and the majority of people didn't vote for the man sitting in the White House, and I'll keep saying that until he's out of there." Michael Moore

Bowling for Controversy - Entertainment Weekly Backstage at the Oscars: talking with the winners -- Adrien Brody, Nicole Kidman, and Michael Moore address the politics of wartime awards - BY LIANE BONIN

"But halfway through the show politics came to the forefront.  After slamming Bush during his acceptance speech, Michael Moore came backstage to explain his decision to speak out: ''It would be irresponsible of me not to say what I felt. Anyone who voted for me knew I wasn't going to thank agents, lawyers, and the agents of lawyers. I'm an American, and you don't leave your citizenship when you enter the doors of the Kodak Theatre.''

Though some audience members booed Moore, the director did his best to put a positive spin on what sounded like a negative reaction: ''Hollywood voted for this award and stood up when it was announced.  Don't report that there was a split decision in the hall because five loud people booed. Those were all my friends and relatives. Hollywood's got such a bad rap for being left-wing Democrats, I thought it would be really cool if a bunch of them booed to show a diversity of opinion. But really, the country is united. The majority of Americans do not want to see our young boys killed, and the majority of people didn't vote for the man sitting in the White House, and I'll keep saying that until he's out of there.''"