POW's

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 12:15:50 PST 2003

I think Joanna and Kelly are both right. The connection is that the more resistance the military faces, the higher the causualties, the greater the domestic qualms. That was the core of the late lamented Vietname Syndrome, the ghost of which still haunts these nerw wars in their tech-driven face. I read somewherethat Gworge I was willing to take 10,000 casualties in Gulf War I. fat chancew, If we had gotten to 1,000 casualties, he woulda had to decxlare victory and get out. If he had notched up 10,000, he would been impeached, if he hadn't been lynched by an angry working class crowd headed by Charlie Daniels. jks

Kelley <the-squeeze at pulpculture.org> wrote:At 11:34 AM 3/24/03 -0800, joanna bujes wrote: If they get bogged down and meet strong resistance, the chances that this war will be extended to other countries is lessened.

they don't give a rat's ass. the _only- thing that checks them is vocal opposition, not outcomes of their wars.