POW's

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:43:25 PST 2003

>... I note in parting that the U.S. is the aggressor and that the Iraqis
>are defending their country from an aggressor. Am I missing something here?
>
>Joanna

Yes, you must have skipped class the day Prof. Richard Perle explained all this. Perle says it's impossible for democracies to start wars; ipso facto, the US *cannot* be an aggressor. In fact, one reason why we're invading Iraq is to turn Iraq into a democracy so they, too, can no longer be an aggressor. Perle's exact words: "The Middle East is unstable, and, in many ways, it is becoming more unstable. Democracies do not wage aggressive wars. We want to bring real stability to the region. That’s why we want to change the political system in Iraq."

Quite simple really.

See http://foreignpolicy.com/issue_mayjune_2003/debate.html

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus