POWs

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Mar 24 13:38:38 PST 2003

Thomas Seay:

> Is this a good question to ask? I am not HAPPY
> because I didnt want to see these soldiers in Iraq in
> the first place. Are we to shift the blame on the
> anti-war movement because they are not "supporting our
> troops"
> and may be glad to see some signs of the US forces
> getting bogged down? No!!! The blame is that of the
> government for sending these troops.
>
> So, perhaps I dont understand the intention of your
> question Dennis, but it comes off as the type of
> question that CNN might ask protesters in order to
> morally corner them.

I asked truly out of curiosity. I share your take, Thomas -- Bush/Cheney are the ones responsible for sending these PFCs and Specs into danger, and these soldiers had the option (or did they?) to refuse deployment. But it's tough to see a single black mother and a confused working class white kid in the hands of fascist Ba'athists. Yes, they were there to kill and conquer, but still . . .

Again, my question was not flamebait or "chum." I wanted to get the mood of the room, and have pretty much gotten it.

DP