Suspected chem weapons site a bust

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 24 17:21:34 PST 2003

Note how short this story is, compared to long news accounts earlier proclaiming this to be a site heavily stockpiled with chemical weapons. Day five of the war and still no weapons found. Some will undoubtedly turn up somewhere, but we're not getting a picture of a nation armed to teath with WMD's, are we? CK

03/24/2003 Dow Jones News Services (Copyright © 2003 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.)

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--U.S. officials said Monday that no chemical weapons were found at a suspected site at Najaf in central Iraq, U.S. television networks reported. NBC News reported from the Pentagon that no chemicals at all were found at the site. CNN, also reporting from the Pentagon, said officials now believe the plant there was abandoned long ago by the Iraqis.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030324/6b1b4e29/attachment.htm>