So much for bloodless war

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Mar 24 18:05:48 PST 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 SergioL652 at aol.com wrote:

> How long before the media start blaming the peace movement for the
> "restrained" approach the US is taking? I bet they will soon say that
> the reason for the resistance is that the Armed Forces are fighting with
> their hands tied.

I wouldn't worry about that. The opposition that mattered in reducing the force was from overseas, from Turkey and Saudi Arabia and Austria and Italy.

And the "unleash the armed forces" rhetoric won't fly in this context. Everyone knew even in the Vietnam days that meant freedom to slaughter. That may well end up being the reality. But I can't see how they could want that to beomce the rhetoric.

Michael