Ugly Ugly Ugly

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Tue Mar 25 05:27:10 PST 2003

<corrosiveCynicism> I doubt it was ever really in the cards for the US to supply humanitarian relief on an on going basis to Iraq; the ingratitude of the "liberated" will likely make it easier to justify cutting back on whatever aid they ought to be receiving now.

Machiavelli wrote a man will sooner forget the murder of his father than the loss of his patrimony. The conduct of this war and its aftermath will put that statement to experimental test. My money's on Niccolo. And I'm thinking more and more of converting it to Euros. </corrosiveCynicism>

Curtiss