CNBC

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 06:41:34 PST 2003

> Isn't Murdoch mercenary rather than ideological? I mean, he published
> Moore's book _Stupid White Men._

Yes -- and HarperCollins also published little ol' me a while back, though they inherited me through a corporate takeover. Once they read my attack on corporate sports, including Uncle Rupe's beloved FOX Sports (a big money maker), they turned immediately hostile to the ms. and buried it upon release.

But I'm not Moore, who had several TV shows and a hit film behind him. Moore's a public figure and much easier to market. And his shit sells. Not even the Murdochites will turn away from a profit, regardless of the product.

Moore and "The Simpsons" aside, there's a definite ideological bent to the Murdoch empire which is primarily pro-US and Israeli expansionist, with a lot of flag worship and mandatory genuflections to the state thrown in.

DP