Wow!

topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Tue Mar 25 07:26:35 PST 2003

On 26/3/2003 1:59 AM, "lbo-talk-digest" <owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com> wrote:

>> It's one thing to get rid of an opportunistic puppet government like the
> Taliban, taking over a country with half-way developed national sentiment is
> something else entirely. .usyd.edu.au
> A puppet of whom? jks

Pakistan. Maybe the T was somewhere between a client regime and an outright puppet, but from what I gathered, they ate from the hand of ISI.

Or, if you believe certain unspeakable defectors to our cause, they were puppets of Al Qaeda. Between this and the ISI connection, I'd say that a fairly substantial chunk of their support relied on foreign 'goodwill.' And we all know what that means...

And even given that the Taliban was just about the softest target imaginable for regime change (I suppose you could attack Kiribati, Nauru or Tuvalu.) I just hope for all our sakes that the yank army didn't draw stupid conclusions from that.

Thiago

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: www-mail.usyd.edu.au