Wow!

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 08:13:41 PST 2003

>From: "Nathan Newman" <nathanne at nathannewman.org>
>
>The Iraqi forces are being overwhelmed by the most sophisticated army in
>history and any resistance is impressive, but they will lose.
>
>The real story is that the existence of any resistance by broad sectors of
>the population shows the lie that this is a war of liberation. ...

Someone got criticized on the list recently for making a "facile" comparison between the War on Iraq and the Battle of Stalingrad. I guess the comparison is facile in the sense that the resources that were available to Wehrmacht Sixth Army Commander Friedrich von Paulus pale in comparison to those now available to good ol' boy Tommy Franks, but the US does seem to have done an amazing, Stalingrad-class job of uniting civilians in support of a reviled dictator to fight against foreign invasion. US military victory may not be in doubt but neither is the hatred toward America the US has created in the Iraqi people.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail