POW's

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 25 10:44:54 PST 2003

Yes, and that mass social indiscipline is excoriated and condemned because it produced the situation Chomsky described on the thirtieth anniversary of the Kent State and Jackson State killings:

"When we look around and we see the problems and the horrors and the atrocities and injustice in this country and those much worse ones elsewhere the privileged people here have a great deal of responsibility for, it's easy to forget something which is true and important, namely that it's a much more civilized country than it was 40 years ago."