IRAQWAR.RU: 100 vehicles disabled by weather, Franks criticized

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Tue Mar 25 16:46:24 PST 2003

It's a great site Steven, and US intelligence is working hard to shut it down. In your first post you didn't post the entire daily report in English from "Venik" due to a concern about "fair use." That's not a problem (free legal advice-JM). If Doug doesn't object to the use of the bandwith, I think we should post the daily report (todays is <http://www.aeronautics.ru/news/news002/news078.htm>) here as a way of doing our bit to keep the free flow of information going despite the US spooks.

john mage

Moscow Times March 25, 2003 Russians Flock to the Net for Latest From Iraq By Larisa Naumenko Staff Writer ...

The Internet site, www.iraqwar.ru, created especially to cover the war in Iraq by participants of the Military Historical Forum-2, at www.vif2.ru, has seen some 45,000 unique visits since the U.S. forces crossed the border in pursuit of Saddam Hussein, the site's spokesman Konstantin Prokhortsev said.

He added that traffic might have been even higher had it not been for numerous attacks on the site from hackers since they launched the site last week.

Prokhortsev said he thought most of the attacks have come from U.S. Internet users, judging from the IP addresses.

This, he thought, was "the manifestation of the U.S. statement that Russians are to blame for their problems in the United States."

Referring to the United States, he said, "Just like they enjoy bombing [Iraq], they enjoy attacking sites like ours. It makes it nearly impossible for us to regularly update information on our web site and make it accessible to our visitors."