POW's

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Mar 25 20:29:26 PST 2003

Kelley writes:
>I'm referring to the fact that the US will turn the spigots full bore on
>1. the air war and 2. propaganda that whips up fury against the people of
>Iraq.
>
>To me, that leaves us very fucked. As people have said repeatedly, this
>isn't Viet Nam.
>
>>They do have a problem, which is that is that it's contradictory to say
>>stupid racist shit while you're simultanously claiming to be fighting
>>in the interests of the 'Iraqi people.'

Well, I'm not going to argue that we're NOT fucked. At least in the short run, I can't make a very good case for that. But, I'll work on it. : )

Alls I'm saying is they backed off of all the other bogus reasons to invade (because they were shot so full of holes by the UN, the peaceniks, the Russians, the bloggers). So now they're really making 'democracy' the centerpiece of their justification, we should cram it back down their throats early and often.

>this is pretty much how racism works and has been working for a longass
>time. Attempts at exposing the contradiction haven't worked yet.

Is this mostly how racism works--that they're discriminating against/locking up/excluding/killing people for their own good? It manages to survive such arguments, which is stunning. The primary thing that works is the objects of racism saying 'Uh-uh, no more,' which is proof that the establishment line about "helping" was a lie. One thing we have made some progress on in this country is racism. Yeah, racism has worked for a longass time, but it's nothing like it was, so we'll just keep kicking at it, right?

Jenny Brown