Revolutionary Defeatism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 26 06:51:01 PST 2003

Kelley wrote:

> >Let me try this again: there is no point in pursuing these _inner_
> >thoughts,
>
> these are public statements made on this list about what is best for
> leftists' goals.

I guess I really don't understand your posts in which you bring up the issue of Iraqi deaths.

They _really_ seem to me to be concerned over our private thoughts.

Please either give a long reply (three to five screens) to this or no reply.

I don't have the slightest idea now as to who made those "public statments," what those public statements are, whether you are reinforcing or objecting to them, or what this thread is, for you, all about.

I tend to deal with one or two posts at a time, and respond to them on their overt content, not on their context in a hundred posts, 75 of which I won't have read, and only 5 or 10 of which I will have read carefully.

Carrol