Gulf States May Be Next: British MP

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:43:31 PST 2003

>JEDDAH, 26 March 2003 - In an exclusive interview with Arab News
>yesterday, British Member of Parliament George Galloway said ...
>"the US has stirred up a vast amount of hatred against itself
>by this swaggering arrogance of the intellectually limited President,
>roaring like a bull in a bomber jacket in aircraft hangars to young men
>and women of the American armed forces who, although they know very
>little of the world, are ready to get out there and kill."

Galloway (Labour MP, Glasgow Kelvin) seems very interesting. What kind of a future does he hold in the Labour Party?

According to the article cited above, Galloway is married to a Palestinian <http://www2.arabnews.com/Article.asp?ID=24283>

The Guardian's political profile on him has this info:

"George Galloway ... [says this of] his proudest achievement in parliament since 1997: 'I am proudest to have stood firmly against the new imperialism and Anglo-American aggression around the world. To have been a voice for the voiceless here in Britain, where so many have been marginalised in the fight for "middle England", and in the canyons of depravation in the world.'

"Others say: '[Galloway] suffers from shin kicking of leaders, over-the-toppism and pariah worship; glories in his ability to rub more people the wrong way faster than anyone else' (Andrew Roth, The Guardian)"

<http://politics.guardian.co.uk/person/0,9290,-1864,00.html>

Carl