mixed emotions

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Mar 26 10:36:49 PST 2003

Alan Jacobson wrote:

>If we could just float a report that the Bush
>Administration is suspending the NCAA playoffs because
>of the war...
>
>People would be on the street flipping over police
>cars and burning dumpsters.
>
>Oh well.

I haven't been following the NCAA tournament too closely, but given that three of my schools are in the *men's* Final Four (Kansas, Wisconsin, Maryland), I might go out and flip cars over.

Hell, I'd just love to flip cars over for any reason just as long as somebody else hosts the riot.

I got to take part in the street celebrations after KU won the NCAA tournament in 1988. If only more of our activist protests could be that large, energetic, and high-spirited.

Frankly, right now, I'd just be happy if somebody went and disrupted the NCAA tournament. It's just a bunch of young guys playing basketball!

Chuck0