Kurdish Take

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 26 14:26:44 PST 2003

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> The best way to help the Kurds is to give them
> some of those cool toys the US military has.

I think we should oppose _all_ u.s. arms sales abroad.

> [clip]>
> Better perhaps to call for UN administration
> ASAP after 'liberation.' But nothing should
> impede the imperative for the U.S. military to
> pull back. Demanding 'Turkey, hands off Kurdistan'
> points to the U.S. staying in Kurdistan.

Yes.

We can only affect the u.s. government, and we can only affect it by saying no to it. Every "positive" suggestion the anti-war movement makes will be lost in the shuffle, while blunting and confusing its prime position of "No War." U.S. out of everywhere."

We've got to get rid of the "soft left" illusion that individuals can pick and choose among u.s. foreign policies and still make any difference to anyone.

But the main hope for eventually getting the U.S. out of the middle east is mounting attacks on u.s. troops, government officials, and businesses there. That may take a long time. The multitudes we are attracting now will (temporarily) fade away. We have to maintain continuity during that time.

Incidentally, anyone who works for Halliburton in Iraq is a scab. We don't need to support scabs or wish for their well-being.

Carrol