Leninism in 2003 (was: Re: Revolutionary Defeatism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 26 16:53:14 PST 2003

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>You sound like a schoolmaster. What's "a good answer" in your
>opinion? How do you know what "a good answer to what it means to be
>a Leninist" since you aren't a Leninist, know nothing about it, and
>have no interest in listening to what Leninists think Leninism is?

Au contraire, I'm all ears. I welcome self-identified Leninists to the list, and am very curious to hear how they define themselves. And the attempts at definition so far have been so vague as to make it impossible to tell a Leninist from a non-Leninist. If I sound like a schoolmaster, you sound like a bluffing student who doesn't have a good answer.

When I get home, I'll check with my Dictionary of Marxist Thought to see what it says.

Doug