Leftists in the USA, Israel, and Japan

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 26 17:13:19 PST 2003

Among leftists, which nations' leftists are the most responsible for the current sorry state of political affairs? I'd say US, Israeli, and Japanese leftists. The USA and Israel are the only countries where the majority of the populations say that they are in favor of the current war on Iraq. Opinion surveys reveal that about 80% of the Japanese are said to be opposed to the war, but protests in Japan have been far smaller than in the other second-rate imperialists in the "coalition of the willing," the UK and Australia. I thought that the decade-long economic decline might provide a spark to the Japanese left, but apparently it hasn't.

What is to be done about the Axis of Feckless Leftists? -- Yoshie