Afghanistan

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 26 20:09:03 PST 2003

The United States Army is still in Afghanistan. The war lords are not under control. The Taliban are still strong in Pakistan. The Army is, I believe, pretty much confined to its bases.

Someone today was laughing at those who predicted a quagmire in Afghanistan. I think that laugh exhibited a romantic notion of what quagmires are. The U.S. is probably stuck good in Afghanistan. And to stay there they will have to interfere more and more in Pakistan.

Carrol