LBO chess league

Lance Murdoch MurdochLance at netscape.net
Thu Mar 27 09:46:08 PST 2003

> Of course it's well known that all great Marxist theoreticians and
> organizers are board game players: chess in Europe / Americas, go in
> Asia.

Who, these guys?

http://galeon.hispavista.com/kasparov/imagenes/CHE3.jpg http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/1071/lenches.jpg http://www.chessgraphics.net/jpg/x12.jpg

> I'm at the positional end of the spectrum myself. I think Michael
> Stean's "Simple Chess" is a gem.

I've figured out what I need to do to improve my game - study endings, play tournament-length games and review them afterwards for where I messed up, study master games, solve tactical chess problems and so forth. The reality is I mostly only have time for blitz games on FICS, or every once in a while at the chess clubs just south of Washington Square Park. My local Greens chapter has a chess night once a month actually. I like Yasser Seirawan's set of chess books, especially "Brilliancies", an in-depth study of 12 games, starting with the famous game #6 of the Fischer-Spassky match, with all of it's cold war overtones, as well as a 1974 Karpov-Korchnoi Sicilian Dragon game that I can still remember a year after going over it, or the 1978 FIDE game #17 between Korchnoi and Karpov, after Korchnoi had defected from the Soviet Union.

I used to be on Chess Club/ICC but now I'm just on FICS. What are your FICS names?

__________________________________________________________________ Try AOL and get 1045 hours FREE for 45 days! http://free.aol.com/tryaolfree/index.adp?375380

Get AOL Instant Messenger 5.1 for FREE! Download Now! http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promos=380455