MP brands Blair war criminal

Thu Mar 27 12:13:20 PST 2003

Center for Constitutions Rights says...

"Americans committing war crimes may be accountable under the International Criminal Court (ICC), despite the United States' refusal to become a party of this international body, because the ICC has jurisdiction over crimes carried out on the territory of parties who have signed on to the ICC. It is widely believed that many attacks have been launched from UK territory."

more...

http://www.ccr-ny.org/v2/reports/report.asp?ObjID=ci39rzoQhy&Content=217

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com] On Behalf Of R Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 11:15 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: MP brands Blair war criminal

GB is a signatory to the new international criminal court which shrub refused to sign onto. TB'd better worry.

according to the CBC, the british military is consulting lawyers with expertise in international law regarding military moves, strategy and targets in iraq. they have a pack of lawyers in iraq with them.

----- Original Message ----- From: Carl Remick To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 8:01 AM Subject: MP brands Blair war criminal

[I hope the sentiments expressed by Labour MP Tam Dalyell (below) prove widely influential. Clearly US/UK imperialism would not have reached its current advanced state of malignancy without the unctuous Rt. Rev. Tony Blair providing a moral gloss for every exercise of allied armed might going back to Kosovo. Blair well deserves the fate of earlier religious fanatic Oliver Cromwell, whose head was displayed on a pole at Westminster Hall for over 20 years.]

Blair, the war criminal

Tam Dalyell Thursday March 27, 2003 The Guardian

My constituency Labour party has just voted to recommend that Tony Blair

reconsider his position as party leader because he gave British backing to a war against Iraq without clearly expressed support from the UN.

I agree with this motion. I also believe that since Mr Blair is going ahead with his support for a US attack without unambiguous UN authorisation, he should be branded as a war criminal and sent to The Hague.

... many in this country think the fundamentalists now running the White

House are using Blair's support as a fig leaf against their critics. It is useful for these people to say to their opponents: "But a British Labour

prime minister supports us."

If Britain had made it clear months ago that we would not be party to a US attack on Iraq, US public opinion itself might have stopped this war. ...

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,922541,00.html>

Carl