Sleuthing (wasRe: IRAQWAR.RU 3/26)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 27 13:48:32 PST 2003

Kelley wrote:

> i don't think they are. they
> are hard-headed, coldly calculating realists who mainly believe that what
> counts is power.

Oh come now. For a couple of centuries "hard-headed . . .realists" has been virtually a synonym for loopy romanticists. But let me quote from the post I just sent a few minutes ago:

**** One can observe that leftists might refrain from the kind of tea-cup reading the popular media specializes in. We are engaged in a rather long-range struggle, not deciding whether to make a one-week bet on the Dow's response to war news.****

Marxists have no crystal ball, Mao observed.

Carrol