From my ex-marine penpal

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 27 16:18:58 PST 2003

At 6:00 PM -0500 3/27/03, BrownBingb at aol.com wrote:
>From my posts on the AOL boards I picked up a gungho, pro-war ,
>ex-marine email/penpal named "Ann", even though we disagree on the
>war , of course. She sent me the below.
>
>CB
>
>******
<snip>

Apparently, the British troops are having trouble getting more than one fatigue each and keeping their feet shod: <http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/msg27529.html>.

>He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay and
>still find ironic humor in it all.
><snip>
>He has asked nothing in return, except our friendship and understanding.

I look forward to the day when he gets fed up and asks for everything, beginning with his liberty. Then, we have the world to win! -- Yoshie